Feb. 27-Mar. 1, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Click here for details.
Nov. 13-16, 2013
NORA Buyers Guide
Ask the Expert
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at email@example.com or 703-753-4277.
EPA Finalizes Changes to Solid Waste Rule; NORA's Quick Analysis
The EPA finalized changes to the Solid Waste Rule on December
20. NORA sued EPA in early 2011 concerning this legislation that could
potentially threaten classifications of on-spec and off-spec used oil.
EPA pulled back the original final rule due to pressure by the U.S.
Senate, NORA and others.
NORA General Counsel Chris Harris offered a quick analysis of
the finalized rule saying, "the preamble to the final Non-Hazardous
Secondary Materials rule reveals that EPA has reversed its position and
now will allow the contaminant comparison between off-spec used oil and
coal." Click here to read more of Harris' quick analysis.
NORA's full team of experts will complete a detailed review of
the rule to analyze how it affects NORA members. An update will be
given at the 2013 NORA Winter Meeting in Las Vegas.
2013 NORA Winter Meeting in Las Vegas - Register Now
Registration is available for the 2013 NORA Winter Meeting, to
be held February 27-March 1 at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Join over 200 attendees for NORA committee meetings and working groups
in a wide variety of areas of interest to NORA members and enjoy
networking with industry leaders. Several sponsorships and advertising
opportunities are available to promote your business.
- Click here to register online and for additional details.
- Click here for a printable registration form and tentative agenda.
- Click here for hotel reservation information.
Clean Harbors Completes Acquisition of Safety-Kleen
NORA Member Clear Harbors Environmental Services recently
announced the completion of its acquisition of NORA Member Safety-Kleen
Systems, Inc. Click here to read more.
2013 NORA Membership Directory: Update Your Information | Advertising
will be producing the 2013 NORA Membership Directory -- the ultimate
networking tool for the liquid recycling industry -- in January. The
directory contains contact information for every NORA member and their
key personnel along with each company's service areas and the
services/products they provide. Click here for a guide to update your company information online.
at just $115, you can have your ad or logo in the most utilized
networking tool in the liquid recycling industry. There is no better way
to maximize your exposure in the industry than advertising in this
'yellow pages' guide. Click here for more information on advertising in the 2013 NORA Membership Directory. Click here for a list of current advertisers. Don't be left out!
NORA TSCA Reform Effort: PCB Case Studies Wanted
NORA's Board of Directors recently voted to move forward with a federal legislative initiative designed to provide relief to NORA members relating to PCB contamination. As NORA begins drafting legislation, the association is asking members that have had PCB incidents to provide details for case studies. These case studies will be anonymous. If you would like to provide information on a PCB incident your company experienced, contact NORA General Counsel Chris Harris at 406-586-9902 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Universal Lubricants Expands With New Denver Distribution Center
NORA Member Universal Lubricants, LLC recently announced the opening of a new 15,000 square-foot distribution center in Denver and the expansion of two existing centers in Chicago and St. Louis. Click here to read more.
2013 NORA Annual Conference in Southern California - Save the Date
Save the date...the 2013 NORA Annual Recycling Conference & Trade Show will be held November 13-16, 2013 at the five-diamond Park Hyatt Aviara in Carlsbad, California. The NORA conference attracts over 400 leaders in the liquid recycling industry for educational sessions including trends in the industry and market outlook, networking and access to the latest products benefiting NORA members. More details will be released soon. For additional information, contact Casey Parker at email@example.com.
- Exhibitors: Exhibit booths are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited and the show will sell out so sign up now. Click here for a printable exhibitor agreement or click here to register online.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
- Flash Point Tester Wanted - A NORA member located in the Northeastern United States is interested in purchasing a used flash point tester. To have your information forwarded to the buyer, email email@example.com.
- Off-Spec Used Oil For Sale - 250,000 Gallons of Off-Spec Used Oil for Sale: Preferably in the western states. The used oil meets on-spec requirements, but the EPA is requiring it to be burnt as off spec fuel. To have your information forwarded to the seller, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recycled #5 Fuel Oil - Available in Mid-Atlantic/Southeast
- Ecologix EC300 / ED300 Evaporator - Located in the Midwest, this evaporator is just 4 years old and in excellent condition. Asking price: $40,000.
- Used Oil Needed - One million+ gallons of used oil for U.S. re-refining facility.
Chance Used Oil Joins NORA
Welcome to NORA's newest member listed below. NORA relies heavily on word of mouth marketing. If you know a company that should be a NORA member, email email@example.com. Click here to view a current list of NORA member companies.
- Chance Used Oil (Surgoinsville, Tennessee)
Classic Used Oil Generators: 1929 Ford Pickup
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1929 Ford Pickup.