Feb. 27-Mar. 1, 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
Click here for details.
June 24-26, 2013
Nov. 13-16, 2013
Click here to view a list of exhibitors.
NORA Buyers Guide
Ask the Expert
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at email@example.com or 703-753-4277.
2013 NORA Winter Meeting - Room Deadline Extended to Sunday, Feb. 10
Book Your Room, Sponsorships Available
The 2013 NORA Winter Meeting is quickly approaching. The event will be held February 27-March 1 at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas, Nevada. All members are invited to join 200 attendees for NORA committee meetings and working groups in a wide variety of areas of interest to NORA members and enjoy networking with industry leaders.
- NORA's room block is 84% full. The deadline to book your room has been extended to Sunday, February 10. Click here for hotel reservation information.
- There are many sponsorship opportunities to help promote your company and build your brand, including an exclusive lanyard sponsorship and exclusive advertising space on the back and inside cover of the committee book.
- Click here to register online (sign in for member pricing).
- Click here for a printable registration form and tentative agenda.
Valicor Unites Sister Divisions to Expand Services and Markets
NORA Member Valicor Environmental Services, LLC, previously known as United Solutions Inc., recently underwent a name change, merging its sister divisions under one name and expanding its services and markets. Click here to read more.
NORA Launches 2013 PCB/TSCA Reform Effort
NORA has begun a major lobbying effort to modify the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and the associated regulations and guidance to assure that there are more environmentally sound, but economically feasible, options for addressing PCB contaminated used oil.
- NORA needs your help. Click here for a printable donation form.
- Click here to view the five proposals NORA is considering regarding this effort.
- Click here for additional information on the project.
Obama Eyes McCarthy As Next EPA Administrator
President Barack Obama is leaning toward choosing Gina McCarthy, a top official in charge of air quality at the Environmental Protection Agency, to run the EPA in his second term Reuters reported. Click here to read more from Reuters.
Save the Date: NORA Mid-Year Meeting to be held in Nashville in June
Mark your calendar for the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting to be held Monday, June 24 to Wednesday, June 26 in at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee. More details to follow.
Safety-Kleen and EcoPower® Fund Fellows at CU-ICAR
NORA Member Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. and EcoPower®, Safety-Kleen's re-refined motor oil, have partnered with Clemson University International Center for Automotive Research to give teachers new tools to excite students in the field of science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Safety-Kleen and EcoPower have committed $150,000 over three years to fund fellowships. Click here to read more.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
5 New Members Join NORA
Welcome to NORA's newest members listed below. NORA relies heavily on word of mouth marketing. If you know a company that should be a NORA member, email email@example.com. Click here to view a current list of NORA member companies.
- ADS Del Ecuador (Machala, Guayaquil, Ecuador)
- Goodwill's Green Works (Detroit, Michigan)
- LandGas Recovery LLC (Chicago, Illinois)
- Rogue Waste Recovery & Environmental, Inc. (Conroe, Texas)
- Viant Capital (San Francisco, California)
Classic Used Oil Generators: 1941 Lincoln Continental
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1941 Lincoln Continental.