Monday - Wednesday
June 24-26, 2013
Click here for details.
Nov. 13-16, 2013
Click here to view a list of exhibitors.
TSCA Reform Effort
NORA Buyers Guide
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at email@example.com or 703-753-4277.
Register Now for the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting in Nashville
The 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting will be held Monday, June 24 to Wednesday, June 26 at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Register: Click here to register online or click here for a printable registration form.
- Hotel Reservations: The NORA group rate is $180/night. For reservations, call the Renaissance Nashville Hotel by June 3rd at 800-468-3571 and reference the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting or click here to make your reservations online.
- Sponsor/Advertise: Build your brand and promote your company to industry leaders with a sponsorship or advertisement. Click here to view all sponsorship/advertising opportunities.
Conservative State Legislators Recommend Model Used Oil Legislation
On January 13, 2013, the American Legislative Exchange Council, a group of conservative state legislators from virtually all 50 states, adopted model legislation concerning DIY collection centers and used oil transporters. Click here to read more about the group's Used Oil Collection Act.
NORA Represented At LCA Meeting; Member Conference Call Scheduled
NORA Executive Director Scott D. Parker and Senior Consultant Jack Waggener are currently attending the California Used Oil Life-Cycle Assessment Stakeholder Meeting in Sacramento, California. The $6 million study is due to be completed by the end of the year. NORA will be holding a conference call for members regarding this project; please contact Scott Parker at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to join the call.
2013 NORA PCB/TSCA Reform Effort - Donate Now
NORA recently launched a major lobbying effort to modify the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and the associated regulations and guidance to assure that there are more environmentally sound, but economically feasible, options for addressing PCB contaminated used oil.
- NORA needs your help. Click here for a printable donation form or click here to donate online.
- Click here for additional information on the project, including a list of contributors.
Safety-Kleen Highlighted in Story on NASCAR's Recycling Efforts
NORA Member Safety-Kleen Systems, Inc. was highlighted in a recent Orange County Register story on NASCAR's recycling efforts. Safety-Kleen recycles 200,000 gallons of used motor oil during the NASCAR racing season as part of the NASCAR Green program. Click here to read more from the Orange County Register.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at email@example.com or 703-753-4277.
- NEW: 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - Located in the Southwest, this truck has a Cummins 300 HP diesel engine, 8LL manual transmission, 18 front axle and is white in color. Click here for detailed information on this truck.
- REDUCED PRICE: Ecologix EC300 / ED300 Evaporator - Located in the Midwest, this evaporator is just 4 years old and in excellent condition. Asking price has been reduced from $40,000 to $30,500. Click here for more information.
- Harlingen, Texas Terminal Facility for Sale - A NORA member is selling its Harlingen, Texas terminal facility. The facility includes four cone roof tanks with a capacity of 61,000 bbls of liquid products. Click here for more information. If interested, contact Tim Thomas at 713-963-2837 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recycled Mineral Spirits Wanted - A NORA member is interested in buying recycled mineral spirits on a regular, monthly basis. To have your information forwarded to the buyer, email email@example.com.
- Flash Point Tester Wanted
- Off-Spec Used Oil For Sale
- Recycled #5 Fuel Oil For Sale
- Used Oil Needed
Environmental Thermal Processing Joins NORA
Welcome to NORA's newest member listed below. NORA relies heavily on word of mouth marketing. If you know a company that should be a NORA member, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Click here to view a current list of NORA member companies.
- Environmental Thermal Processing (Houston, Texas)
Classic Used Oil Generators: 1959 Mercury
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1959 Mercury.