Monday, June 24 - Wednesday, June 26
Click here for details.
Nov. 13-16, 2013
Click here for exhibitor information.
TSCA Reform Effort
NORA Buyers Guide
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at email@example.com or 703-753-4277.
Register Now for the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting in Nashville
The 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting will be held Monday, June 24 to Wednesday, June 26 at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Register: Click here to register online or click here for a printable registration form. Click here to view a list of the 74 pre-registered attendees.
- Hotel Reservations: The NORA group rate is $180/night. The NORA room block is already 43% sold so make your reservations today. For reservations, call the Renaissance Nashville Hotel by June 3rd at 800-468-3571 and reference the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting or click here to make your reservations online.
- Exclusive Sponsorships: Build your brand and promote your company to industry leaders with a sponsorship or advertisement. Exclusive sponsorships include the Key Card Sponsorship and Lanyard Sponsorship, which are available on a first come, first served basis (deadline is May 24). Click here to view all sponsorship/advertising opportunities.
2013 NORA PCB/TSCA Reform Effort Update
an initial series of meetings on Capitol Hill, NORA is finding
bipartisan interest in its proposal and a willingness to consider
legislative solutions to this issue. NORA has also started a productive
dialogue with EPA about the possibility of fixing our problems with
changes to EPA policies or regulations - changes that won't require
enactment of a TSCA reform bill. This dual track significantly increases
probability of success.
In April, Senator Lautenberg (D-NJ) reintroduced his TSCA
reform bill and formally launched the effort to pass TSCA legislation
during this Congress. Senator Vitter (R-LA) is expected to introduce
his version of a TSCA reform bill soon. Hearings before the Senate
Committee on Environment and Public Works are tentatively scheduled for
this summer or early fall.
- Click here for additional information on the project, including a list of contributors.
- Click here for a printable donation form or click here to donate online.
NORA Newsletter Now Available Online
NORA released the newest issue of its official newsletter, Liquid Recycling, this week. A copy of the newsletter will also be mailed to you. Click here to read this issue.
Chemical Engineering Partners to Build Re-Refinery in Vietnam
NORA Member Chemical Engineering Partners (CEP) announced the signing of a contract with VN Oil of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam to build a used oil re-refinery in Vietnam. This facility will be the first of its kind in Vietnam; it will treat used oil and produce API Group II base oil, combining two purposes in a single plant, which will have a feed capacity of 69,000 MT/Year producing approximately 50,000 MT/Year of base oil. The VN Oil re-refinery in Vietnam is projected to start up by March 2015. Click here to read more.
EPA Identifies "Used Oil Facilities" as Potential Targets for Enforcement
EPA recently issued guidance to EPA regions on its enforcement
priorities. Among potential targets for enforcement actions are "used
oil facilities that receive and dilute PCB contaminated oil, and related
possible distribution in commerce, contamination, decontamination, and
disposal." Click here to read the Office of Enforcement and Compliance Assurance Draft
National Program Manager Guidance (info mentioned above is found on page
2013 NORA Trade Show - Limited Availability - Exhibit Booths 51% Sold
The 2013 NORA Annual Recycling Conference & Trade Show floor plan is now available. Just 57 exhibit spaces are available, and the show is already over half sold.
- Click here to view the 2013 Trade Show floor plan.
- Click here for an exhibit agreement form to reserve your booth.
- Click here to view a current list of exhibitors.
Obama Administration Set to Unveil New Regulations on Fracking
According to National Journal, the Obama administration is set to unveil major new regulations on hydraulic fracturing soon. The proposed regulation is expected to be more lenient to the oil and gas industry than a draft rule issued last year. Click here to read more from National Journal.
Texas Mandates Recycling of Fracking Fluids
The Texas Railroad Commission recently adopted new fracking water recycling rules. The Water Recycling Rules were adopted in order to encourage fracking operators to conserve water used in the fracking process for oil and gas wells. Among other things, the rules eliminate the need for operators who recycle fluid on their own leases or transfer fluids to other operators' leases for recycling to obtain a recycling permit from the Railroad Commission. Click here to read more from Fulbright's Environmental Law Practice Group.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
- 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - Located in the Southwest, this truck has a Cummins 300 HP diesel engine, 8LL manual transmission, 18 front axle and is white in color. Click here for detailed information on this truck.
- Ecologix EC300 / ED300 Evaporator - Located in the Midwest, this evaporator is just 4 years old and in excellent condition. Asking price has been reduced from $40,000 to $30,500. Click here for more information.
- Harlingen, Texas Terminal Facility for Sale - A NORA member is selling its Harlingen, Texas terminal facility. The facility includes four cone roof tanks with a capacity of 61,000 bbls of liquid products. Click here for more information. If interested, contact Tim Thomas at 713-963-2837 or email@example.com.
- Recycled Mineral Spirits Wanted - A NORA member is interested in buying recycled mineral spirits on a regular, monthly basis. To have your information forwarded to the buyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flash Point Tester Wanted
- Off-Spec Used Oil For Sale
- Recycled #5 Fuel Oil For Sale
- Used Oil Needed
Classic Used Oil Generators: 1971 Mercury Marquis Brougham
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1971 Mercury Marquis Brougham.