Monday, June 24 - Wednesday, June 26
Click here for details.
Nov. 13-16, 2013
Click here for exhibitor information.
TSCA Reform Effort
NORA Buyers Guide
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
Register Now for the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting in Nashville
The 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting will be held Monday, June 24 to Wednesday, June 26 at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Register: Click here to register online or click here for a printable registration form. Click here to view a list of pre-registered attendees.
- Hotel Reservations: The NORA group rate is $180/night. For reservations, call the Renaissance Nashville Hotel by June 3rd at 800-468-3571 and reference the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting or click here to make your reservations online.
- Exclusive Sponsorships: Build your brand and promote your company to industry leaders with a sponsorship or advertisement. Exclusive sponsorships include the Key Card Sponsorship and Lanyard Sponsorship, which will be assigned via lottery on May 10. Click here to view all sponsorship/advertising opportunities.
UPDATE: New York Case Involving Heating Oil Dismissed
On April 26, Justice Shirley Kornreich issued a decision in the highly publicized New York used oil blending case (BMW Group, LLC v. Castle Oil Corporation). Plaintiffs alleged (incorrectly) that Castle Oil had blended hazardous wastes into used oil and sold it to unsuspecting home heating oil customers.
NORA submitted a friend of the court brief, written by NORA's General Counsel Christopher Harris, which explained the federal and New York regulations governing blending and fuel specifications. The court adopted NORA's legal analysis and concluded that there was no violation of any law -- provided that the applicable fuel specifications had been satisfied. The court dismissed the case.
Universal Environmental Services Re-Refinery to Begin Operations
According to Lube Report, NORA Member Universal Environmental Services, LLC will commission its re-refinery today and begin base oil shipments on May 16. The new plant will initially produce 1,000 barrels per day and is expected to eventually produce 1,250 barrels per day at full capacity. Click here to read more from Lube Report.
NORA Submits Comments to California Used Oil LCA
NORA recently submitted comments on the draft of the $6 million California Used Oil Life-Cycle Assessment. A final report will be released in the next few months, and NORA will submit additional comments at that time. If you have questions on this project, please contact NORA at email@example.com. Click here for more information on the project.
Natural Gas Poised for Price Jump
According to Futures Magazine, the price of natural gas is expected to jump in the years ahead as the growth of demand begins to outstrip production increases. Some industry experts are predicting prices higher than $7.00 per million Btu by 2015. Click here to read more from Futures Magazine.
California Considering Increase in Fees for Used Oil Generators
NORA has been notified of a proposal to increase fees for generators of used oil in California perhaps up to $13 million annually. NORA and its members are researching how this may affect the industry before determining what action may have to be taken on this issue.
NORA Members Featured in NOLN - The New Black: What's New in Green
NORA Members The Lube Stop, Inc. and StayGreen Oil were recently featured in a National Oil & Lube News story on used oil recycling. Click here to read the full story, titled "The New Black: What's New in Green," from National Oil & Lube News.
2013 NORA Trade Show - Limited Availability - Exhibit Booths 44% Sold
The 2013 NORA Annual Recycling Conference & Trade Show floor plan is now available. Just 57 exhibit spaces are available, and the show is already over 44% sold.
- Click here to view the 2013 Trade Show floor plan.
- Click here for an exhibit agreement form to reserve your booth.
- Click here to view a current list of exhibitors.
Universal Lubricants Names Bill Kennedy Director of EHS
NORA Member Universal Lubricants, LLC recently named Bill Kennedy the director of Environmental, Health and Compliance. Click here to read more.
2013 NORA PCB/TSCA Reform Effort - Donate Now
NORA recently launched a major lobbying effort to modify the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA) and the associated regulations and guidance to assure that there are more environmentally sound, but economically feasible, options for addressing PCB-contaminated used oil. NORA needs your help - donate now!
- Click here for a printable donation form or click here to donate online.
- Click here for additional information on the project, including a list of contributors.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
- 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - Located in the Southwest, this truck has a Cummins 300 HP diesel engine, 8LL manual transmission, 18 front axle and is white in color. Click here for detailed information on this truck.
- Ecologix EC300 / ED300 Evaporator - Located in the Midwest, this evaporator is just 4 years old and in excellent condition. Asking price has been reduced from $40,000 to $30,500. Click here for more information.
- Harlingen, Texas Terminal Facility for Sale - A NORA member is selling its Harlingen, Texas terminal facility. The facility includes four cone roof tanks with a capacity of 61,000 bbls of liquid products. Click here for more information. If interested, contact Tim Thomas at 713-963-2837 or email@example.com.
- Recycled Mineral Spirits Wanted - A NORA member is interested in buying recycled mineral spirits on a regular, monthly basis. To have your information forwarded to the buyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flash Point Tester Wanted
- Off-Spec Used Oil For Sale
- Recycled #5 Fuel Oil For Sale
- Used Oil Needed
Five New Members Join NORA
Welcome to NORA's newest members listed below. NORA relies heavily on word of mouth marketing. If you know a company that should be a NORA member, email email@example.com. Click here to view a current list of NORA members.
- NU Waste Management, LLC (Las Vegas, Nevada)
- Oil Recovery Inc (Camilla, Georgia)
- Pivot Point Capital (San Francisco, California)
- Sheffield Lubricants LLC (Highlands Ranch, Colorado)
- The Piedmont Group, Inc. (Spartanburg, South Carolina)
Classic Used Oil Generators: 1958 Dodge
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1958 Dodge.