Monday, June 24 - Wednesday, June 26
Click here for details.
Nov. 13-16, 2013
Click here for exhibitor information.
TSCA Reform Effort
NORA Buyers Guide
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
Register Now for the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting in Nashville
The 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting will be held Monday, June 24 to Wednesday, June 26 at the Renaissance Nashville Hotel in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Register: Click here to register online or click here for a printable registration form. Click here to view a list of over 120 pre-registered attendees.
- Hotel Reservations: The NORA group rate is $180/night. The NORA room block is already 67% sold so make your reservations today. For reservations, call the Renaissance Nashville Hotel by June 3rd at 800-468-3571 and reference the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting or click here to make your reservations online.
- Sponsorships Available: Build your brand and promote your company to industry leaders with a sponsorship or advertisement. Click here to view all sponsorship/advertising opportunities.
Progress Report on NORA 2013 PCB/TSCA Reform Effort
NORA’s PCB/TSCA Reform Effort continues to move forward with
a two-track strategy. Two recent, significant events offer encouraging signs
that NORA’s strategy may lead to success. Click here to read more about NORA's progress.
- Click here for additional information on the project, including a list of contributors.
- Click here for a printable donation form or click here to donate online.
Litigation Challenging EPA's Non-Hazardous Secondary Materials Rule Enters Second Phase
The litigation challenging EPA's non-hazardous secondary materials rule is entering its second phase.The first phase ended when EPA published a major revision of its previously final rule. NORA won a significant victory in the new final rule (regarding off-specification used oil fuel) and is unlikely to continue its participation in the new chapter of this litigation. Click here to read more from Bloomberg News.
Puralube to Build Waste Oil Recycling Plant in Germany
NORA Member Puralube Inc recently announced plans to build a
waste oil recycling plant in Germany. The new plant, Puralube's third
re-refining plant, is expected to be operational in late 2014. Click here to read more from Energy Business Review.
NORA Membership Reaches 350 Companies
NORA has grown to 350 member companies. The association has grown from 150 to 350 members since 2002. Click here to read more.
DIY Rates Rising Despite Improving Economy
Do-it-yourself auto repair - including oil changes - is enduring despite an upswing in the U.S. economy, according to an AutoMD online survey, Lube Report reported. The results of the 5,351-person survey revealed 90 percent of DIYers continue to do their own upkeep of their vehicles. Click here to read more from Lube Report.
Court Chides Agencies for Using Consent Decree to Circumvent Rulemaking
A Federal Court of Appeals has determined that consent decrees
that have the effect of permanent and significant rulemaking are not
lawful because they would violate the Administrative Procedure Act. The
act is intended to provide full opportunity for notice and comment on
proposed regulations. Click here to read more from Marten Law.
2013 NORA Trade Show - Limited Availability - Exhibit Booths 53% Sold
Just 57 exhibit spaces are available at the 2013 NORA Annual Recycling Conference & Trade Show, and the show is
already over half sold.
- Click here to view the 2013 Trade Show floor plan.
- Click here for an exhibit agreement form to reserve your booth.
- Click here to view a current list of exhibitors.
Customs Union to Implement Law Mandating Used Oil Recycling
According to Lube Report, the Russian government recently
adopted a waste oil treatment regulation for Russia, Belarus and
Kazakhstan. The regulation will go into effect on March 1, 2014. Click here to read more from Lube Report.
2014 NORA Mid-Year Meeting to be Held in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mark your calendar! The 2014 NORA Mid-Year Meeting will be
held at the Pfister Hotel in Milwaukee, Wisconsin from June 18-20, 2014. Additional details will be released later this year.
Walmart Settles Over Environmental Law Violations
Walmart is the latest major company to enter into a multi-million dollar settlement over a wide variety of alleged environmental law violations. The total tab is $82 million. According to Walmart, the same alleged violations were the subject of civil enforcement actions (now resolved) by the states of California and Missouri. Click here to read more from Retailing Today.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to
buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to
place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at email@example.com or 703-753-4277.
- 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - Located in the Southwest, this truck has a Cummins 300 HP diesel
engine, 8LL manual transmission, 18 front axle and is white in color. Click here for detailed information on this truck.
- Ecologix EC300 / ED300 Evaporator - Located in the Midwest, this evaporator is just 4 years old and in
excellent condition. Asking price has been reduced from $40,000 to
$30,500. Click here for more information.
- Harlingen, Texas Terminal Facility for Sale - A NORA member is selling its Harlingen, Texas terminal facility. The
facility includes four cone roof tanks with a capacity of 61,000 bbls of
liquid products. Click here for more information. If interested, contact Tim Thomas at 713-963-2837 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Recycled Mineral Spirits Wanted - A NORA member is interested in buying recycled mineral spirits on a
regular, monthly basis. To have your information forwarded to the buyer,
- Flash Point Tester Wanted
- Off-Spec Used Oil For Sale
- Recycled #5 Fuel Oil For Sale
- Used Oil Needed
Two New Members Join NORA
Welcome to NORA's newest members listed below. NORA relies
heavily on word of mouth marketing. If you know a company that should be
a NORA member, email email@example.com. Click here to view a current list of NORA member companies.
- Brazil Ministério de Minas e Energia (Brazil)
- Refuel Environmental Services (Columbus, Ohio)
Classic Used Oil Generators: 1949 MG TC
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1949 MG TC.