Nov. 13-16, 2013
Click here for registration information.
Click here for exhibitor information.
2014 EH&S Forum
February 26, 2014
2014 Winter Meeting
February 26-28, 2014
2014 Mid-Year Meeting
June 18-20, 2014
TSCA Reform Effort
NORA Buyers Guide
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
2013 NORA Conference & Trade Show: Register Now
The 2013 NORA Conference & Trade Show will be held November 13-16, 2013 at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, California. Over 350 industry leaders are expected to attend the event that will feature networking, a dozen education sessions and the largest NORA trade show ever (57 booths).
NORA Approves Revised Position on Banning Used Oil Filters from Landfills
- Trade show 86% Sold: 8 Booths still available. Click here for the list of companies that are confirmed. Click here to reserve one of the 8 remaining spaces.
- Register as an attendee by August 30 for the Early Bird Registration Rates. Click here for the Conference Registration Form. On-line registration available in August.
- Book your hotel room now at the Discounted NORA Rate. NORA has negotiated a room rate of just $199/night for this 5 Diamond resort. Click here for details.
During the Mid-Year Meeting in Nashville, the NORA Board of Directors approved a revised "Position on Banning Used Oil Filters from Landfills". NORA now advocates a prohibition on the disposal of oil filters in landfills wherever collection systems and filter recycling options are in place. NORA also called for related policies to be considered. Details will be published in the next NORA Liquid Recycling newsletter.
Gina McCarthy confirmed as new EPA Administrator
The US Senate confirmed Gina McCarthy to be the new US EPA administrator by a vote of 59-40. She will replace Lisa Jackson who left the agency after four years. Click here to learn more from Waste & Recycling News.
2011 Warm Mix Asphalt Tonnage Up 67% over 2010 and 309% over 2009
The National Asphalt Pavement Association recently reported significant increases in the use of Warm Mix Asphalt (WMA) Technology as opposed to Hot Mix Asphalt Technology. In 2011, total WMA tonnage was estimated at 69 million tons. That was an increase of 67 percent from 2010 and a 309% increase from 2009. Most WMA was produced using a foaming technology which reduces the energy requirements in the production process.
NORA PCB Fundraising Goal Over 50% Accomplished
NORA’s PCB/TSCA Reform Effort continues to move forward. The fundraising goal to support this project for 2013 is $150,000 is over 50% achieved. Click here to donate online or click here for a form to donate.
California $6 Million Used Oil Life Cycle Assessment Nearing ConclusionNew Artwork Approved to Help Members Promote their Environmental Story
CalRecycle is nearing the conclusion of the $6 million used oil life cycle assessment that will include a report at the end of the year to the California Legislature on recommendations to promote increased collection and responsible management of used oil. NORA's Executive Director Scott D. Parker and Senior Consultant Jack Waggener participated in the July 9-10 Stakeholder meeting in Sacramento, California. To review the draft reports, click here. The password is usedoillca. The reports are located under File Sharing. If you have any comments, please contact Scott D. Parker at email@example.com.
At the 2013 NORA Mid-Year Meeting, NORA approved artwork that features a modified NORA Logo with the phrase "We Recycle" underneath it, followed by "Saving the Earth, One Drop at a Time". This artwork will be available for free for members to use in concert with their generator customers to promote their environment stewardship. In addition, NORA will be providing customized door decals with the member's logo that features the phrase: "Our facility uses the environmental services of NORA member (your logo) to responsibly recycle used oil and related materials. More information will be available in August.
NORA Mid-Year Meeting Attracts 190 Attendees; Photo Gallery Available
The NORA Mid-Year Meeting in Nashville in June was a huge success. Nearly 190 attendees participated in the networking and policy sessions. A photo gallery with 123 photos is available by clicking here.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
- 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - Located in the Southwest, this truck has a Cummins 300 HP diesel engine, 8LL manual transmission, 18 front axle and is white in color. Click here for detailed information on this truck.
- 2001 Peterbilt Model 330 - 3 liter Cummins, 9 Speed Trans, 3500 gal Steel, two compartment tank, Pumps on and off, Runs and drives very well $38,000, Contact Steve at (708) 479-6900.
- Ecologix EC300 / ED300 Evaporator - Located in the Midwest, this evaporator is just 4 years old and in excellent condition. Asking price has been reduced from $40,000 to $30,500. Click here for more information.
- Harlingen, Texas Terminal Facility for Sale - A NORA member is selling its Harlingen, Texas terminal facility. The facility includes four cone roof tanks with a capacity of 61,000 bbls of liquid products. Click here for more information. If interested, contact Tim Thomas at 713-963-2837 or email@example.com.
- Recycled Mineral Spirits Wanted - A NORA member is interested in buying recycled mineral spirits on a regular, monthly basis. To have your information forwarded to the buyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flash Point Tester Wanted
- Off-Spec Used Oil For Sale
- Recycled #5 Fuel Oil For Sale
- Used Oil Needed
Five New Members Join NORA
Welcome to NORA's newest members listed below. NORA relies heavily on word of mouth marketing. If you know a company that should be a NORA member, email email@example.com. Click here to view a current list of NORA member companies.
Classic Used Oil Generator: 1961 Studebaker Hawk
- Catalyst Trading Co. LTD (Houston, Texas)
- LiquidGator, LLC (Spartanburg, South Carolina)
- EconoHeat Inc. (Spokane, Washington)
- SmartBin (Swords, Ireland)
- Radian Chemicals (Kingwood, Texas)
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1961 Studebaker Hawk.