Nov. 13-16, 2013
Click here for registration information.
Click here for exhibitor information.
2014 EH&S Forum
February 26, 2014
2014 Winter Meeting
February 26-28, 2014
2014 Mid-Year Meeting
June 18-20, 2014
TSCA Reform Effort
NORA Buyers Guide
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at email@example.com or 703-753-4277.
2013 NORA Conference & Trade Show: Early Bird Rates Expire August 30th!
The 2013 NORA Conference & Trade Show will be held November 13-16, 2013 at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, California. Over 350 industry leaders are expected to attend the event that will feature networking, a dozen education sessions and the largest NORA trade show ever (57 booths).
"Miracle on Ice" Olympic Hockey Team Goaltender, Jim Craig, Announced as the Keynote Speaker for the 2013 NORA Conference
- Trade show 79% Sold: 12 Booths still available. Click here for the list of companies that are confirmed. Click here to reserve one of the 12 remaining spaces.
- Register as an attendee by August 30 for the Early Bird Registration Rates. Click here for the Conference Registration Form. On-line registration is NOW available. Click here to register online.
- NORA Room Block is 43% Sold: Book your hotel room now at the Discounted NORA Rate. NORA has negotiated a room rate of just $199/night for this 5 Diamond resort. Click here for details.
In his Keynote Address, "Teaching Teamwork," Craig will outline the necessary skills and detail the specific techniques NORA members need to maximize their business readiness, hone competitive cooperation, gather strategies, and attack challengers. Click here to read more about Jim Craig.
Blake Eskew to Address "Re-refining in North America" at NORA Conference
Blake Eskew, Vice President of IHS Downstream Energy and Consulting, will be presenting "Re-Refining in North America: Drivers for Growth." Eskew will address how tight oil and gas development is changing the fundamentals of crude oil and natural gas supply, among other topics, as it affects NORA members. More information will be provided soon.
Australia's Southern Oil Refining to Build Re-refinery
Australia's Southern Oil Refining is investing $50.5 million to build its second re-refinery, near Gladstone, which is expected to begin operation by November 2013, with construction jobs expected to peak at 50 in the coming months. Click here to read more.
NORA PCB Fundraising Goal Over 60% Accomplished
NORA’s PCB/TSCA Reform Effort continues to move forward. The fundraising goal to support this project for 2013 is $150,000 is over 60% achieved. Click here to donate online or click here for a form to donate.
CWT Effluent Limitation Guideline Revisions deemed "Low Priority"Space Heater Proposed Project Update
On August 7, 2013 EPA announced the results of its "Annual Effluent Guidelines Report " and identified that the Centralized Wastewater Treatment ( CWT ) Effluent Limitation Guideline ( ELG ) was determined to be a low priority for revisions. Many NORA members are governed by the CWT-ELG. Comments on this finding are due on October 7, 2013
The NORA Used Oil Council held a two hour conference call on August 9th to address a proposal by some members. The proposal sought to fund and conduct research to evaluate the burning of used oil in space heaters and the group explored specific policy ideas. The proposal was not approved by the NORA Used Oil Council.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
- 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - Located in the Southwest, this truck has a Cummins 300 HP diesel engine, 8LL manual transmission, 18 front axle and is white in color. Click here for detailed information on this truck.
- 2001 Peterbilt Model 330 - 3 liter Cummins, 9 Speed Trans, 3500 gal Steel, two compartment tank, Pumps on and off, Runs and drives very well $38,000, Contact Steve at (708) 479-6900.
- Ecologix EC300 / ED300 Evaporator - Located in the Midwest, this evaporator is just 4 years old and in excellent condition. Asking price has been reduced from $40,000 to $30,500. Click here for more information.
- Harlingen, Texas Terminal Facility for Sale - A NORA member is selling its Harlingen, Texas terminal facility. The facility includes four cone roof tanks with a capacity of 61,000 bbls of liquid products. Click here for more information. If interested, contact Tim Thomas at 713-963-2837 or email@example.com.
- Recycled Mineral Spirits Wanted - A NORA member is interested in buying recycled mineral spirits on a regular, monthly basis. To have your information forwarded to the buyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flash Point Tester Wanted
- Off-Spec Used Oil For Sale
- Recycled #5 Fuel Oil For Sale
- Used Oil Needed
Eight New Members Join NORA
Welcome to NORA's newest members listed below. NORA relies heavily on word of mouth marketing. If you know a company that should be a NORA member, email email@example.com. Click here to view a current list of NORA member companies.
Classic Used Oil Generator: 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air
- Adcon Environmental, LLC (St. Croix, Virgin Islands)
- Automotive Fluid Recycling, LLC (Fleming Island, Florida)
- Castle Oil Corporation (Harrison, New York)
- Dolphin Centrifuge (Warren, Michigan)
- Dyno Nobel, Inc. (Salt Lake, Utah)
- Geocycle US (Dundee, Michigan)
- New West Environmental LLC (Phoenix, Arizona)
- Oil Recycling Systems (Indianapolis, Indiana)
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1955 Chevrolet Bel Air.