Nov. 13-16, 2013
Click here for registration information.
Click here for exhibitor information.
2014 EH&S Forum
February 26, 2014
2014 Winter Meeting
February 26-28, 2014
2014 Mid-Year Meeting
June 18-20, 2014
TSCA Reform Effort
NORA Buyers Guide
Logging in for the first time?
Click here to retrieve your password. Your username is your email address.
|Welcome to NORA eNews, providing association, member and industry news for companies involved in the responsible recycling of used oil and related materials. To submit information for NORA eNews, please contact NORA at email@example.com or 703-753-4277.
2013 NORA Conference & Trade Show
The 2013 NORA Conference & Trade Show will be held November 13-16, 2013 at the Park Hyatt Aviara Resort in Carlsbad, California. Over 350 industry leaders are expected to attend the event that will feature networking, a dozen education sessions and the largest NORA trade show ever (57 booths).
- Trade show 79% Sold: 13 Booths still available. Click here for the list of companies that are confirmed. Click here to reserve one of the 13 remaining spaces
- NORA Room Block is 51% Sold: Book your hotel room now at the Discounted NORA Rate. NORA has negotiated a room rate of just $199/night for this 5 Diamond resort. Click here for details.
- NEW Golf Tournament Lunch Sponsorship now available. Only 1 available, on a first come, first served basis. Click here for more information.
- NEW Fishing Outing Details Confirmed. This year's fishing excursion will be on the Sea Trek out of Oceanside, California. For more details, click here.
- NEW Conference Speakers Announced! See below for more details.
Re-refining in North America: Drivers for Growth
Blake Eskew, Vice President of IHS Downstream Energy and Consulting, will address how tight oil and gas development is changing the fundamentals of crude oil and natural gas supply, among other topics, as it affects NORA members. Click here to read more about this NORA Annual Conference presentation.
California's Multi-Year Used Oil Life Cycle Assessment Insights
Roland Geyer, Associate Professor at Bren School of Environmental Science and Management, University of California at Santa Barbara, will provide an overview of the used oil LCA work UCSB undertook in the last 2 years, including some of the insights gained and lessons learned. Click here to read more about this NORA Annual Conference presentation.
You Stink! A Technical Approach to Dealing with Nuisance Odors
Gary Risse, P.E. and George Mathes, P.E. of Trihydro Corporation will focus on logical methods for identifying possible odor sources at processing facilities. Click here to read more about this NORA Annual Conference presentation.
Kafko International Anounces New Oil Eater Parts Washers
Kafko International has introduced its Oil Eater Flex Line parts washers that include ready-to-use units with basic, premium and professional level features. Click here for the Kafko International Press Release.
NORA Representatives and Sen. Tom Udall's Staff Meet in Washington, DC
On September 9th, NORA representatives Scott D. Parker, Jack Waggener, and Steve Shimberg met with Jonathan Black, Senior Policy Advisor for Senator Tom Udall (D-New Mexico) and a member of the Committee of Environment & Public Works, in Washington, DC. The purpose of this meeting was to discuss TSCA Reform regulations currently moving through Congress. Click here to read the full press release.
NORA Participate in CalRecycle's Used Oil LCA Preliminary Findings Report
On September 25th, CalRecycle will present its preliminary findings related to its Used Oil Life Cycle Assessment Report. Scott Parker, Executive Director of NORA, will attend in person and invites all NORA Members who would like to participate via webinar to register by clicking here.
The NORA Marketplace is the liquid recycling industry's destination for companies looking to buy, sell or find items or materials. Companies that would like to place a listing in the NORA Marketplace should contact NORA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-753-4277.
- 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - 2013 Freightliner 108SD Truck - Located in the Southwest, this truck has a Cummins 300 HP diesel engine, 8LL manual transmission, 18 front axle and is white in color. Click here for detailed information on this truck.
- 2001 Peterbilt Model 330 - 3 liter Cummins, 9 Speed Trans, 3500 gal Steel, two compartment tank, Pumps on and off, Runs and drives very well $38,000, Contact Steve at (708) 479-6900.
- Ecologix EC300 / ED300 Evaporator - Located in the Midwest, this evaporator is just 4 years old and in excellent condition. Asking price has been reduced from $40,000 to $30,500. Click here for more information.
- Harlingen, Texas Terminal Facility for Sale - A NORA member is selling its Harlingen, Texas terminal facility. The facility includes four cone roof tanks with a capacity of 61,000 bbls of liquid products. Click here for more information. If interested, contact Tim Thomas at 713-963-2837 or email@example.com.
- Recycled Mineral Spirits Wanted - A NORA member is interested in buying recycled mineral spirits on a regular, monthly basis. To have your information forwarded to the buyer, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Flash Point Tester Wanted
- Off-Spec Used Oil For Sale
- Recycled #5 Fuel Oil For Sale
- Used Oil Needed
Two New Members Join NORA
Welcome to NORA's newest members listed below. NORA relies heavily on word of mouth marketing. If you know a company that should be a NORA member, email email@example.com. Click here to view a current list of NORA member companies.
- Fifth Third Bank (Denver, Colorado)
- International Used Oil Research Institute (Mobile, Alabama)
Classic Used Oil Generator: 1937 Ford Coupe
Click here to read about the latest car in NORA's series of Classic Used Oil Generators: the 1937 Ford Coupe.